Purple Morning Glory Ivy Body Paint


It's amazing how fast such beautiful flowers can take over a section of neighborhood. When I first moved to my house I don't remember there even being morning glories. Now, 3 years later they have creeped from the neighbors yard, onto the side of their house, all across our fence and have started to cover a huge tree in our back yard.

This year was the first time I looked at our back yard and though it was amazingly beautiful. they say morning glories are like weeds taking over all plant species, but being in Oakland with a yard full of dry California yellow grass with a dying off overgrown tree that needs care, this take over is quite welcoming.

The sun peeks from behind the tree, and the morning glories and vines sparkle.

(The very tall tree in my backyard that is starting to cover with morning glories, you can see them starting to reach to the top)


This was the inspiration that brought Renne Hamilton and myself together on a body painting project. The both of us are artists, free spirits, in touch with energy and nature. So the concept wrapped around these morning glories in beautiful way. The idea that something so beautiful can come out of any ground and city space, growing, reaching up high to the sky. Giving beautiful color and life to an otherwise dry and boring space to see.

The model Renee invited, Kathering, was also filled with great energy. 



Overall, I'm really happy with the results of this project. Renee and Katherine did a wonderful job, I could not of asked for more. 

In case you are curious, this project took about 4 hours total I believe. The body paint itself was about 2 hours, needing to take a break half way through.

I know Renee will be doing more body painting projects without me in the future, so make sure you check her out: Renee Hamilton

Credits:
Photography: Classic8Media
Make-up/Hair/Bodypaint: Renee Hamilton
Model: Katie Leigh Sullivan

Classic8Media Contacts:

Comments