DopeEraMagazine Goes in the Ring with Bilal Mahasin

This was one of my favorite interviews from the start for two reasons:

1) Bilal Mahasin is a pro boxer (GBO Champion) who has been through a lot and uses what he's gone through to motivate others. His interview touched on a lot of things that really helped cement a good part of what Dopeeramagazine is really about. Yes we have fun, we love music, we let people smoke weed and snort coke on camera, we are totally uncensored. But it's about keeping things real and showing real life, and a major part of that which we wanted to show was motivating people who are trying to change their communities for the better. So a little preach with that entertainment is necessary. Just enough to not scare people away. Actually, I'd say we give you the game more than preach.

2) I got to go in the ring and have a pro boxer swinging at me! I love this kind of in the action filming. Bilal has great energy, focused and filled with strength and purpose. With every swing I could feel the gusts of air pushing against me. And if you look closely at one part of the video as he his throwing jabs then ending with a full swing, the light actually bended around him. There is not other explanation to me for that other than I actually captured the energy around his punches. Call me crazy, I don't care. Bend does not bend and reflect off of nothing. And there was no windows, beaming light or anything to make that reflection around us.

Enough said. Here's the video. Oakland's own, Bilal Mahasin. 


Classic8Media Contacts:


Comments